Virus Sample Stabilizer
•Inactivate virus, protect the operator safety.
•Inhibition of nuclease activity, preservation of nucleic acid.
•Integrate with NA extraction seamlessly, easily operation.
This product is applicable to specimen collection from human nasopharyngeal swab specimen and the preservation of viral nucleic acid. The sample stabilizer contains guanidine isothiocyanate and other protein denaturation reagents which can rapidly lyse cells and denature viral proteins to obtain the inactivated virus and release the nucleic acids of virus. The high concentration of guanidine salt in a suitable buffer solution can inhibit the nuclease activity and effectively protect the integrity of nucleic acids. The nuclease-free tube is treated with nuclease eliminator further ensuring the integrity of nucleic acid.
Inhibition of nuclease activity, preservation of nucleic acid
The samples containing PEDV pseudovirus were stored in Virus Sample Stabilizer, stored at 4 °C and 25 °C for 1 day, 3 days and 7 days. After NA extraction, the samples were detected by RT-qPCR and the results showed no significant change in Ct value.
The extracted human total RNA was stored in the Virus Sample Stabilizer and similar products of company N, and stored at 4 °C for 1 day, 3 days, 5 days, and 7 days. After RNA extraction, the results were displayed on the agarose gel electrophoresis. The human total RNA stored in the Virus Sample Stabilizer is of good quality without obvious degradation.
||50 sets, 1.5 mL / tube
||50 sets, 3 mL / tube
Store at 15 ~ 25℃.
1. It should be operated by professionally trained inspectors, read the product manual carefully before operation. Protective measures against infectious diseases should be took. Thorough sterilization must be done after operationof handling reagents and specimens.
2. Even though this reagent can inactivate the virus, please treat the sample as the inactivated specimen and perform the treatment process carefully.
3. This product is a disposable product.
4. The involved specimen is considered as infectious substances, the operation and disposal must be complied with the relevant requirements of “the General Guidelines for Biosafety of Microbial Biomedical Laboratories” and “Medical Waste Regulations Guide”.
5. The sample stabilizer contains guanidine salts of protein denaturant, which is corrosive. Please operate carefully. If it splashes onto the skin, please wash immediately with plenty of water.
6. Sample stabilizer contains high concentration of guanidine salt, which can form precipitates or froze up when stored at 2~8°C or < 0°C. This is a normal phenomenon and does not affect the performance of the sample stabilizer. In this case the sample stabilizer should be redissolved before use.